Enables More Efficient and Cost Effective Reality Capture into Autodesk® Design Tools
FARO® , the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology and construction BIM, announces the availability of the FARO® As-Built software platform (www.faro.com/As-Built/in) that enables efficient and cost effective transfer of 3D reality capture into Autodesk® design tools to create ready to use CAD and Building Information Modeling (BIM) deliverables. As-Built is specifically designed to minimize the effort and time required to create as-built documentation, which is the main task across AEC professionals in the building, facility and infrastructure design phases.
This comprehensive and innovative platform seamlessly integrates processed 3D data coming from the FARO SCENE software platform and can then support point cloud modelling (i.e. the set of data points acquired by a 3D laser scanner that are then displayed as a visual representation of an object or area) for the latest 2019 Autodesk® design tools. The FARO As-Built platform offers three powerful options:
- As-Built for AutoCAD® Software
- As-Built for Autodesk® Revit®
- As-Built Suite – includes both As-Built for AutoCAD® Software and As-Built for Autodesk® Revit®
The full functionality of PointSense for AutoCAD® solutions, all previous standalone AutoCAD®plug-ins and PointSense for Revit®, respectively are now migrated into the As-Built platform. Additionally, As-Built is available across a broad series of languages, including French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, English and German.
As-Built for AutoCAD® Software
- Best in Class Usability: Users now have access to a common graphical user interface that provides a single entry point for all FARO features and functionality across the entire AutoCAD® This enables new users to get up to speed quickly and immediately begin to leverage the power of As-Built.
- Unique Performance and Value: AEC professionals benefit from a single point cloud-modelling platform that not only offers versatile tools that span different industries such as Architecture, Civil/Survey, Oil & Gas, and Facility Management but also total stations and UAV sensors. There is no longer a need to purchase or support separate total station software. Additionally, it is now easy to combine a terrestrial view with an aerial view that provides an even better digital representation of the real world.
As-Built for Autodesk® Revit®
- Confidence in Accuracy: As-Built for Autodesk® Revit®, like its predecessor PointSense for Revit®, accelerates Scan-To-BIM workflows and includes powerful features such as surface analysis byLevels of Accuracy standards as defined by the U.S. Institute of Building Documentation, which enables users to more confidently validate the accuracy of the as-built model compared to the relevant point cloud.
“We have been uniquely focused on delivering 3D digital modeling solutions that address the key pain points of AEC professionals; specifically waste and project delays that lower productivity and increase operational costs,” stated Andreas Gerster, Vice President Global Construction BIM. “As-Built is both a powerful tool for Autodesk® users who use FARO Focus and Freestyle solutions and also for other 3rd party 3D imaging hardware products.”
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO’s products, and FARO’s product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company’s plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as ”is,” “will,” “continues” and similar expressions or discussions of FARO’s plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company’s products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company’s inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company’s judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.